We currently have a great opportunity for an Accounting Clerk for our Los Angeles office. The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for assisting the department in processing billing proformas, vendor invoices, expense reports, check printing, and sending invoices to clients either by mail or electronically. In addition, this person is responsible for assisting the department with filing, photocopying, scanning, data entry, mailings as well as a wide variety of other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Self-starter: You anticipate what is needed, take initiative and make things happen.
- Systematic: You prioritize. You put first things first and are methodical in executing an ever-changing to-do list.
- Professional: You focus on the client and excel at following through
- Organized: You pay attention to the details.
- Adaptable: You find roles with flexible parameters energizing. You are able to work independently and part of a team.
- Curious: You invigorate others with your smarts, curiosity and sensitivity to context.
What You'll Do
- Processes vendor invoices for payment, including reviewing for proper authorization to pay, obtaining authorizations as necessary, properly coding to appropriate client and GL codes, and entering vouchers into the Elite system.
- Provides assistance to attorneys, secretaries and clients regarding invoices which includes answering questions, reprinting invoice copies, providing copies of costs billed to the client, and providing detailed or summarized information regarding time and cost entries either by generating Elite reports or by using Excel.
- Processes expense reports for payment, including verifying that reimbursement requests follow firm guidelines, verifying requests are properly documented, and coding and entering vouchers into the Elite system.
- Assists with printing checks and preparing checks and backups for review and signatures.Distributes and files all client invoices and accounts payable checks.
- Follows up with vendors, attorneys and staff on all prior balances listed on vendor invoices.
- Logs incoming proformas and new matter intakes received into the department.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- High school diploma (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of accounts payable or billing experience required
- Must be proficient in Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Experience with Elite is a plus
- Ability to file alphabetically and numerically
- Salary to be based upon experience; targeting between $40,000 and $50,000 annual.
- We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision as well as 401(k) and vacation time.
Cox, Castle & Nicholson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.