We currently have a great opportunity for an Applications Specialist for our Los Angeles office. The Applications Specialist will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining firm wide applications and knowledge systems including images, rollouts, customizations and integrations relating to the end user experience. This position will support the use of new and emerging legal technologies such as contract review and proofreading solutions, document automation, and transaction management solutions. The Applications Specialist will also serve as technical project lead and work with internal/external teams for application upgrades and implementation.
- Self-starter: You anticipate what is needed, take initiative and make things happen.
- Systematic: You prioritize. You put first things first and are methodical in executing an ever-changing to-do list.
- Professional: You focus on the client and excel at following through
- Organized: You pay attention to the details.
- Adaptable: You find roles with flexible parameters energizing. You are able to work independently and part of a team.
- Curious: You invigorate others with your smarts, curiosity and sensitivity to context.
What You'll Do
- Work with the Director of Information Technology to develop solutions to increase efficiency, enable legal project management and improve legal service delivery of the practice.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new technologies serving as a primary point-of-contact with certain vendors while working with group leads to determine the best solutions for the firm.
- Plan for and execute the installation of new and updated applications, including firm’s desktop image and deployment process. Coordinate the maintenance of existing core and non-core applications to ensure data integrity and reliability prior to their release into the production environment.
- Perform active governance with intentional change management, framework, measurement and best practices for a customer-centric infrastructure end user experience and service management.
- Develop, encourage and support knowledge sharing behavior across groups and teams by attending team meetings, helping users and advising on best practices for system use to understand their critical knowledge and data requirements and be able to provide appropriate solutions.
- Strong customer service orientation and skilled at interfacing with attorneys, paralegals and support teams in the practice groups, as well as firm-wide administrative departments.
- Project management skills and ability to conduct a project from planning to closure.
- Support onboarding efforts of new attorneys and staff and/or transfers.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a law firm, corporate legal department or professional services environment with knowledge and understanding of practice-related processes.
- Proficiency with Office 365, Elite 3E, iManage Work 10 and or other DMS. Record Management Systems and other legal products a plus.
- Litigation support with Relativity, Trial Director or related software.
- Working knowledge of centralized desktop management applications (Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and/or Microsoft Endpoint Manager).
- Salary to be based upon experience; we're targeting between $100,000 - $125,000 annual.
- We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision as well as 401(k) and vacation time.
Cox, Castle & Nicholson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.